Breaking News

Toronto Load More

OntarioLoad More

CanadaLoad More

Monday, February 18, 2013

3 teens shot during violent 24-hour period - Summer of The Gun Early In Toronto?

File photo of a Toronto police cruiser. CITYNEWS/Shawne McKeown
Three teens were shot, one fatally, in a violent 24 hours over 
the long weekend.
Toronto Police say at least one of the shooters is believed to 
be a teen and yet another boy was allegedly caught with a 
loaded handgun.
The bullets started flying around 12:45 a.m Sunday when a 
gunman walked up to a 17-year-old boy at 220 Woolner 
Ave., a government housing highrise near Jane St. and St. 
Clair Ave. W.
“The man produced a handgun from his waistband and shot 
the boy in the torso,” police said in a statement Monday. “As 
the boy attempted to flee, the man chased him on foot, firing 
several shots.”
The man took off in a vehicle and the victim was hospitalized 
with “serious” injuries.
Jevaun Anthony Beharie, 18, is now wanted for attempted 
“He is to be considered armed and dangerous,” police 
Gunfire erupted again around 9:25 p.m. at a home a few 
blocks up Jane St. north of Lawrence Ave. W.
“A shot was fired through the front door,” Const. Wendy 
Drummond said, adding an 18-year-old was hit in his leg.
Police have no information regarding that shooter.
About 90 minutes later, Jarvis Montaque, 15, was murdered 
at a Toronto Community Housing complex in Rexdale. His 
killer remains on the loose.
The shootings are not believed to be connected.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old boy was arrested downtown on 
firearms charges.
A TAVIS Rapid Response team was “conducting proactive 
enforcement activities” and notorious for drug dealing in the 
“The officers approached a group in a laneway and noted a 
boy exhibiting characteristics of an armed person,” police 
claimed in a statement. “Further investigation revealed that 
the boy was concealing a firearm.”
A loaded 9mm handgun was seized and the boy, who can’t 
be named, was taken into custody on eight firearms 
Police wouldn’t comment further on the arrest because 
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit “has invoked their 
mandate with respect to subsequent events in this matter.”
SIU spokesman Monica Hudon said the teen suffered a 
fractured jaw.
The police watchdog, which probes any serious injury or death 
 involving police, will reveal more details police, will reveal more details Tuesday.
Share This

comments powered by Disqus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© The Toronto Post All rights reserved