Breaking News

Toronto Load More

OntarioLoad More

CanadaLoad More



Monday, February 18, 2013

Teen shot in Toronto becomes fourth minor killed by gunfire in city this year

FILES -- A Toronto police car seen on Friday, September 21, 2012.


TORONTO — A 15-year-old boy has been shot dead in west-end Toronto — the fourth time this year that a minor has been killed by a firearm in the Toronto area.
Police say Jarvis Montaque was shot just before 11 p.m. Sunday (near Albion Road and Kipling Avenue) and pronounced dead shortly afterward.
Det. Joyce Schertzer says the teen had arrived to Canada from Jamaica two years ago and was not known to police.
The shooting comes less than a week after another 15-year-old, St. Aubyn Rodney, was shot and killed in his northwest Toronto apartment. A 17-year-old is charged with manslaughter in that case.

Related


Police had earlier said Rodney’s name could not be released under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, but later said the teen’s parents gave permission for him to be named.
Last month, 15-year-old Tyson Bailey and nine-year-old Kesean Williams died after being shot in two separate incidents days apart.
No charges have been laid in either case.

Share This
Blogger
Facebook
Disqus

comments powered by Disqus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Stay Connected
Featured

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© The Toronto Post All rights reserved